Monday, May 22, 2006

Too Bad: We Didn't Eat our Wheaties
Wayne, You're My Only Hope

As of Sunday, when the Pistons beat the Cavs 79-61, KU is nearly out of the NBA playoffs. Drew Gooden, a player I've always liked, ended his season with this less-than-stellar line: 17 and a half minutes, 0-4 from the field, five rebounds, three turnovers, 2-2 from the free throw line.


Wayne--it's all you, baby. The last time we've seen the man dubbed Big Dub out here in KS was in the Heat's game two, 111-89 victory over New Jersey. Wayne played nearly five minutes (guess when); his line, you ask? 0-1 from the field, 1 rebound, 1 turnover. Not much to hang a hat on, but I'm going to go ahead and hope that Miami is able to get at least one blowout win over Detroit (game one is tomorrow) so that I might see Mr Simien get enough PT to score a couple of points. . . .

Want to see more photos of Wayne helping kids learn to swim? Gallery here, courtesy of nba.com.

1 comment:

  1. I guess we forgot about him when we concluded that there were no Hawks left in the playoffs.

    I blame it on the booze...or maybe Big Dub's 1 minute a game.

    ReplyDelete