Friday, April 27, 2007

B Rush Declares for draft



Kansas' Brandon Rush puts name in NBA draft
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Kansas sophomore standout Brandon Rush says he plans to enter the NBA Draft.
"I'm ready to take the next step," Rush told The Kansas City Star for a story Friday. "I'm ready to make a better life for me and my family."
The 6-6 guard, who also tested the NBA waters out of high school before signing with Kansas, told The Star he will not immediately sign with an agent, which leaves the door open to play another year in college.
"I could hire an agent, but if I do, it will be much later in the process," Rush said. "Right now I want to keep my options open. I'm going into it with a free mind. I don't have anything to lose. I can come back to school or I can stay (in the draft). It's a plus-plus either way."
The university's athletic department could not confirm the announcement Friday morning but expected to issue a statement later in the day.

3 comments:

  1. nbadraft.net has him at #32, which is the last pick of the 1st rd. If he were to slide down just one spot then he wouldn't have a guaranteed contract. Unless he moves up 10 spots, it's stupid not for him to withdraw his name unless he has eligibility issues we don't know about (grades).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus the fact that he said he only wanted to jump if he was guaranteed Top 20. I'd have to lay 50-50 odds that he'll come back.

    Still, this departure would be much less surprising than Julian's, even though the latter will go considerably higher. B-Rush never did seem like college material (and I don't mean that as an insult). Plus, even if he finds out he will be late first round or early second, he may still find the lure of quick cash too much to refuse.

    But -- better life for him and his family? Did they already blow all of Kareem's NBA money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, maybe the Child support thing comes into play that I posted earlier. If he is behind like Giles was, we'd be hypocrites not to boot him off the team too.

    ReplyDelete